Andrew “Andy” Grimberg (Sr. Systems Administrator and Release Engineer)
- Andrew Grimberg is the Release Engineering team lead at The Linux Foundation. Helping to provide frameworks for continuous integration environments all the way through product releases for the various Linux Foundation Collaborative Projects.
- He has been doing some form of systems administration and release engineering at small companies, startups, city governments and in open source since 1998.
- You will generally find him interacting with folks on the mailing lists of the projects he supports or in their Freenode IRC channels with the handle of 'tykeal'.
Balaji Ethirajulu, Ericsson (Marketing Committee Chair)
- Balaji Ethirajulu is currently Director Product Marketing at Ericsson. In this role, he is responsible for developing marketing plan & its execution and go to market strategy for SDN, NFV, Orchestration, NMS and network analytics solutions.
- Before moving to Silicon Valley, he has worked in many countries and gained tremendous experience working with global operators in the area of IP, IMS, LTE, 3G, 2G, OSS/BSS and fixed networks.
- As the industry is moving towards NFV/SDN transformation, he has turned his attention towards evangelizing management & orchestration, Network analytics & Automation, Network Slicing, NFV/SDN, and OSS transformation. He is also a major supporter of many Open source projects and contributes as the marketing chair for OPEN O, FD-io and ODL.
- He has received MBA from University of Dallas with highest honors and a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Telecommunication engineering from Coimbatore institute of technology, India.
Gildas Lanilis, Huawei (Release Manager)
- Mr. Lanilis joined Huawei in June 2016 as the OPEN-O Release Manager and is based in Santa Clara, CA, USA. In his role Gildas is running the delicate art of getting things done without formal authority.
- Gildas was formally at Virtual Hold Technology, where he served as Director of Release Management and DevOps Manager for Cloud Applications. Gildas is a vivid Agile supporter and served at Genesys to lead the introduction of modern development practices and inspired R&D teams to deliver great software.
- Gildas is an active member of the “Wharton Quakemasters Toastmasters” club and as VP membership he focuses on transforming guesses to effective members. When he is not running, Gildas enjoys life with his family and cheers up his kids on the San Francisco Bay Area soccer fields or on the sideline of a swimming event. And when comes time to celebrate, nothing better than Champagne, French of course.
Marc Cohn (Project Director)
- Marc Cohn is the Vice President of Network Strategy at the The Linux Foundation, based in Silicon Valley.
- Marc is the Director of the OPEN- O project, which is reshaping the methodology for open source to serve the needs of major operators.
- Marc formerly served as the Market Area Director for the Open Networking Foundation, where he was recently appointed an ONF Fellow; Marc also represented the Silver Member Board representatives for OpenDaylight, and was an Advisor to the Chair of the ETSI NFV ISG.
- Prior to joining The Linux Foundation, Marc held senior leadership positions at ClearPath Networks, Ciena Corporation, IP Infusion, Alidian Networks and Lucent Technologies.
Trishan de Lanerolle (Program Manager)
- Mr. de Lanerolle is responsibe for the day-to-day operations and supports the project’s corporate and community leaders working towards OPEN-O's success.
- Trishan de Lanerolle is a technologist with over a decade of experience, having led the development efforts of several open source software and mobile-based applications for disaster management and humanitarian response to enterprise software applications.
- He was co-founder and director of the Humanitarian Free and Open Source Software Project (HFOSS) at Trinity College in Hartford Connecticut, founding partner at Nile Point Consulting LLC and serves on the board of advisors for the Non-Profit FOSS Institute and Random Hacks for Kindness Jr.
- He has been an invited speaker and published author on topics from engaging undergraduates in Computer Science education to FOSS disaster management applications for several international conferences and journals.
- He has a BS in Computer Science from Trinity College, and a MS in Management of Innovation and Technology from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).